& Tyldesley's Cycle Speedway track sits in the heart of Gin Pit
Village, adjacent to the Miners' Welfare Social Club and the Cricket
the scene in 1989, A & T soon became a major player in the world of
cycle speedway. Today A & T can boast the following
- North’s Regional Cycle
- North West's Cycle Speedway
- British Cycling Go-Ride
- Sport England Clubmark
For those travellers wishing to stay
overnight there are a number of hotels within easy reach of the
track. Some of the most popular are:
- Sporting Lodge Inns (Greyhound
Hotel), Warrington Road, Leigh, WN7 3XQ. Tel: 01942 671256. Situated 3.6
miles from track.
- Worsley Park Marriott Hotel &
Country Club, Worsley Park, M28 2QT. Tel: 0161 975 2000. Situated 4.2 miles
- Novotel, West Worsley Brow,
Worsley, M28 2YA. Tel: 0161 619 9002. Situated 4.3 miles from track.
- Holiday Inn Express Leigh, Sports
Village, Sale Way, Leigh, WN7 4JY. Tel: 01942 366334. Situated 4.8 miles from
- The Mercury, 540 Manchester Road,
Westhoughton, BL5 3JP. Tel: 01942 810904. Situated 5.0 miles from track.
- Travelodge, 322 Newton Road,
Lowton, WA3 1HD. Tel: 0871 559 1851. Situated 7.0 miles from track.
- Public Transport Users, The V1
and V2 Guided Buses operate from Manchester and Leigh.
Nearest stops to the track are at Cooling Lane and at Astley Street
- The nearest railway station to A &
T is Atherton Station. Situated 3.0 miles from track.